Here is a list of your Cowichan Valley Riding candidates for the 2017 provincial election:
- James Anderson, Libertarian Party - has not responded to the survey
- Sonia Furstenau, Green Party
- Eden Haythornthwaite, Independent Socialist
- Steve Housser, Liberal Party
- Lori Iannidinardo, New Democratic Party
- Samuel Lockhart, Independent
- Ian Morrison, Independent
The questions below were asked of each of the candidates.
Click on the candidate's name for their responses, website, social media and contact information.
- How do you plan to address the affordable housing issue across the Cowichan Valley?
- How would you transition to a sustainable economy that will support local business and create reliable, living wage jobs for residents in Cowichan?
- What do you consider to be the top priorities for improving education and, if elected, how will you work to ensure these priorities will be addressed?
- What do you consider to be the top priorities for sustaining a healthy environment and, if elected, how will you work to ensure these priorities will be addressed?
- What do you consider to be the top priorities for better health care in Cowichan and if elected, how will you work to ensure these priorities will be addressed?
- If elected, how will you support moving forward on reconciliation with First Nations in British Columbia locally within our riding?
- One Cowichan has been facilitating a petition for the federal government to allocate adaptation to climate change infrastructure funds to raise the Cowichan weir for the Cowichan River. How will you work to bring the provincial government to the table as an active partner to move this initiative forward?
- What made you decide to run in this election?
Want more info?
Check out this series of articles highlighting where your candidates stand on various issues thanks to the Cowichan Valley Citizen:
- 2017 BC budget
- Seniors being underserved
- Reconciliation with First Nations
Learn more about the Cowichan Valley riding profile here.
There's more information at #OurElection!