- Please tell us a bit about yourself and what made you decide to run in this election?
10 years North Cowichan council experience on finance and public works committees. 3 years CVRD director 2009-2011. With 4 seats open, new mayor will need experienced councillors!
- Do you support the Drinking Water & Watersheds Protections Service bylaw referendum?
No! North Cowichan is operating very well with duncan city.raising lake cowichan weir will not be funded by federal or provincial governments. Very unlikely this will be approved by CVRD taxpayers
- Do you support the Cowichan Housing Association Service Establishment bylaw?
No! Residential tax increases cannot fund this provincial finance responsibility. Very unlikely this will be approved by CVRD taxpayers.
- How do you plan to work with other governments within the region, including local First Nations as well as provincial and federal governments?
When will Halat band support unlimited use for best water provided to Chemainus ?
One Cowichan supporters have expressed concerns about climate change, especially local impacts on our water resources. What local climate change mitigation and/or adaptation strategies would you support if elected?
None supported by residential property tax
- How do you propose managing growth sustainably in the Cowichan Region (e.g. transportation, environmental/agricultural protection, land-use, housing, cost of living)?
Through the full funding by all areas in the CVRD board.
- What do you consider the three most pressing issues facing local government and the one most important thing local government should do on each one?
Avoid provincial funding down loading!
- Our citizen surveys indicate a desire for more consultation and accountability between elected officials and their constituents. If elected, what would your approach be to those issues?
Have for 20 years served on the properties residential committee interacting with North Cowichan council