Randy Doman (incumbent)
Social Media: Facebook: Students First Team
* Please tell us a bit about yourself and what made you decide to run in this election?
I’ve had the privilege of being involved with a public elementary school since our first daughter started school in 2009. I have volunteered at school activities, from field trips to spring fairs. And for the last four years served as a trustee. I’ve also been a volunteer coach with the Duncan Basketball Association and a board member for more than 25 years.
I am determined to continue to provide our next generation with great learning experiences that unlock a brighter future. Being on the board, I’m well aware of the challenges, including classroom space issues, succession planning and making sure we focus all available financial resources to provide meaningful classroom experiences.
* What is your vision for the school district and how would getting elected help achieve it?
- Strive to give all learners the tools to meet challenges of the 21st century.
- Continue to work for an education system that values and supports the differences in all our children.
- Focus on initiatives that improve Literacy and Graduation rates. Move forward with Initiatives to expand student options and choice.
- Support the success of First Nations students by working with Aboriginal Community leaders.
- Build a caring and collaborative school learning community with all our educational partners: students, first nations, teachers, educational assistants, provincial and local governments, post-secondary institutions.
- Continue to work towards a new Cowichan secondary school.
- Work on succession planning as some of our senior staff will be moving on.